2018 RUNNER WELCOME PARTY IN ELMWOOD:
Music and running just seem to go well together, which is why we’ve partnered with the Down by Downtown Music Festival, a three day festival in downtown Roanoke from April 19-21, with music acts from all over the country.
The Down by Downtown Music Festival kicks off Thursday at multiple venues in downtown Roanoke, continuing with a FREE concert Friday evening in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater, followed by Saturday’s headliner Moe. So after you’ve crossed the finish line, head back to your hotel room (or home), shower, and then hobble back to Elmwood Park amphitheater for the final concert celebration – music, food, beer, and more.
FREE FRIDAY CONCERTS IN ELMWOOD (April 20):
In addition to the live music taking place in a variety of downtown venues there is a free concert in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater. So after you’ve gone to packet pickup walk across Jefferson St. and into Elmwood Concert to enjoy food trucks, free music, and craft beer. This is also where the Pre-Race Vip Pasta Dinner takes place.
- FREE CONCERT in Elmwood Park (start/finish line):
- OTHER DOWN BY DOWNTOWN FRIDAY SHOWS:
- 6:00PM: The Jonah Carden Duo at Big Lick Brewing Co.
- 6:00PM: The Judy Chops at Soaring Ridge
- 7:00PM: Albert Castiglia at The Spot on Kirk
- 7:00PM: Street Party with Runaway Gin, Resinated and Shorefire at Martin’s Downtown
- 7:30PM: Mala Mala at Starr Hill Brewery & Side Stage
- 9:00PM: The Dharma Bombs at The Phoenix
- 10:00PM: Righteous Love Quest at Wall Street Tavern