RACE DAY: APRIL 13, 2019
The Anthem Star 10k is quickly becoming the most popular way to get involved in all the excitement of America’s Toughest Road Marathon. We know that 26.2 miles isn’t for everyone, and we don’t blame you! But that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the race day hype that surrounds Roanoke’s signature athletic event.
The Anthem Star 10K Event Details:
- DATE: April 13, 2019
- LOCATION: Course Start at Elmwood Park in downtown Roanoke, VA
- START TIME: 7:35AM
- PACKET PICK-UP: Friday, April 12th from 3:00pm-8:00pm & Saturday, April 13th from 5:30am-7:00am
- Corral Start System – Look for pace time markers and find the section that fits your goal. Please be respectful of other runners by placing yourself in the appropriate location.
- REGISTRATION POLICIES
- Total Elevation Gain/Loss = 2000′ of elevation change as you run up the Fishburn Parkway to the Star…then down the old toll road and back to the finish line
- Total Elevation Gain = 861 ft.
- Star K Race App Map
- Interactive Course Map
- Course Hydration provided by SKRATCH LABS
- Walkers are permitted and encouraged
The beautiful Star 10k course leads up you up to the iconic 90 ft. Mill Mountain Star with overlooks of the entire city. You will be rewarded with great photo opportunities, and the pride of looking up at the star knowing that you conquered that mountain.
The best part of the Anthem Star 10k is that you have WAY more time than the other distances to enjoy the fabulous finish festival! Enjoy a beer compliments of the Blue Ridge Marathon team, grab a bite from a local food truck, and enjoy free live music as the full and half marathoners roll across the finish line. The Anthem Star 10k is a great challenge for people of all ages, so don’t miss out and join the fun!
REGISTRATION & FEES
Register early to ensure the best rate, when the discounted tier is FULL is will automatically shut off on our registration page. Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon closes April 9, 2019. There is $10 processing and handling fee for expo registration (April 12, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.
- REGISTRATION POLICIES– Please be sure to review all of our registration policies prior to paying online.
Anthem Health Plans of Virginia, Inc. trades as Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Virginia, and its service area is all of Virginia except for the City of Fairfax, the Town of Vienna, and the area east of State Route 123. Independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ® ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.