Three Days of Live Music on Race Weekend!
Music and running just seem to go well together, which is why we’ve partnered with the Down by Downtown Music Festival sponsored by Wells Fargo, a three-day festival in downtown Roanoke, with music acts from all over the country.
The Down by Downtown Music Festival sponsored by Wells Fargo kicks off Thursday, April 19th, 2018 at twelve venues in downtown Roanoke, continuing with a FREE concert Friday evening in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater, followed by Saturday’s headliner MOE. So after you’ve crossed the finish line, head back to your hotel room (or home), shower, and then hobble back to Elmwood Park amphitheater for the final concert celebration – music, food, beer, and more. Runners receive discounted tickets to see the band- Moe. (see below for details).
Full DxDT Music Schedule:
Local venues are constantly adding music acts…visit www.downbydowntown.com for the latest lineup.
Friday Night Concerts (April 20):
- In addition to the live music taking place in a variety of downtown venues there is a free concert in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater starting at 5pm. With the new expo location at the Patrick Henry Hotel you can literally walk right across the street for the free show. This is also where the Pre-Race Vip Pasta Dinner takes place.
- FREE CONCERT in Elmwood Park:
- Gates open at 5:00pm. Directly across the street from the race expo so drop by just for 30 minutes!
- 5:00PM: MAD IGUANAS
- 6:30PM: DEAD RECKONING – A bundle of professional musicians from VA who love and perform Grateful Dead and Dead-Inspired music.
- Food trucks and beer by Ballast Point and Parkway Brewing.
Saturday Concerts (April 21-Race Day):
- FREE FINISH FESTIVAL BANDS
- 9AM-3pm: Free live music in Elmwood Park Amphitheater (at finish line festival)
- 9:00AM: BLACK MOUNTAIN REVIVAL (Followed by Anthem Star 10k Awards)
- 11:00AM: KRIS & JOHN MUSIC DUO (Followed by Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon Awards)
- 1:00PM: LOS CHUPACABRAS (Followed by Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon Awards, Feetures! Double Marathon Awards & 4-Person Relay Awards)
- HEADLINER CONCERT IN ELMWOOD (Gates Open @ 5pm): ($18 Special Runner Price/$24 Online/$28 At the Gate)
moe. is the preeminent progressive rock band on the music scene today. With 20 years of touring and just as many albums under its belt, the quintet of Al Schnier and Chuck Garvey on guitars and vocals, Rob Derhak on bass and vocals, Jim Loughlin on percussion and vibes, and Vinnie Amico on Drums, continues to push the standard for performance art.
From its humble, inconspicuous beginnings as a local bar band in Buffalo in the late 1980s, to headlining Radio City Music Hall two years straight on New Year’s Eve, moe.’s journey has been one of hard work, perseverance, and dedication. Their music is clever, melodic, refined; their performances are entertaining, mesmerizing and epic. There’s a reason that Rolling Stone magazine placed Chuck and Al among the top 20 new “guitar gods,” why the pair were featured in Guitar World and Modern Guitar; why Jim and Vinnie have been featured in Drum! magazine; why Rob in Bass Player and State of Mind magazines — all in the same year — because they’re that good!
By all accounts, for this “legendary jam band,” as Rolling Stone magazine recently described them, it would be best to keep your eyes on this band and your ears tuned in to their music.
Ticket Information For Moe.:
To Purchase Runner-Only Tickets (availability limited to 500 and for registered runners only):
- You must be registered for either the double, full marathon, half marathon, team relay, or Star 10K to purchase two tickets @ $18/each.
- Deadline to pre-purchase your tickets online is April 2, 2018.
- Click here to get started with your registration, where you can add concert tickets to your race entry purchase. If you’ve already registered log back in to your Active Profile and purchase tickets through the “additional purchases” section.
- The number of tickets you purchase will be noted on your runner bib. Your runner bib WILL BE YOUR TICKET and you must show it to gain access to concert.
- Additional tickets will be available for purchase (if the concert hasn’t sold out) at packet pickup and at the concert itself.
To Purchase General Admission Tickets (available to anyone):
- $24 general admission tickets may be purchased online. $28 at the gate.
- General admission/seating.
- Rain or shine event. No refunds. No chairs.
- Go to www.downbydowntown.com to purchase additional tickets.
**For questions about runner tickets/info email Julia Boas.**