2018 FESTIVAL DETAILS TBD. CHECK OUT WHAT WE DID LAST YEAR…
2017 PRE & POST RACE FESTIVAL INFO:
Music and running just seem to go well together, which is why we’ve partnered with the Ballast Point Down by Downtown Music Festival, a three-day festival in downtown Roanoke, with music acts from all over the country.
The Ballast Point Down by Downtown Music Festival kicks off Thursday at multiple venues in downtown Roanoke, continuing with a FREE concert Friday evening in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater, followed by Saturday’s headliner LOTUS. So after you’ve crossed the finish line, head back to your hotel room (or home), shower, and then hobble back to Elmwood Park amphitheater for the final concert celebration – music, food, beer, and more. Runners receive discounted tickets to see LOTUS (see below for details).
Local venues are constantly adding music acts…visit www.downbydowntown.com for the latest lineup.
Friday Night Concerts (April 21):
- In addition to the live music taking place in a variety of downtown venues there is a free concert in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater. So after you’ve gone to packet pickup and checked into your hotel, wander down the street and enjoy some live music. This is also where the Pre-Race Vip Pasta Dinner takes place.
- FREE CONCERT in Elmwood Park (start/finish line):
- Gates open at 5:00pm.
- 5:30PM: MC Broom and the Jam (plus three more bands TBD)
- Food truck and beer by Ballast Point and Parkway Brewing.
Saturday Concerts (April 22):
- 9AM-3pm: Free live music in Elmwood Park Amphitheater (at finish line festival)
- HEADLINER CONCERT IN ELMWOOD (Gates Open @ 5pm):
- 5:30pm: Hayley Jane & the Primates
- 7:00pm: Broccoli Samurai
- 8:30pm: Lotus (see details below)
Having built a massive fanbase over the years, Lotus tours heavily selling out headline shows across the county and playing festivals such as Bonnaroo, Outside Lands, Ultra, and more. Whether you catch Lotus in outdoor amphitheaters, the country’s best theaters, intimate clubs or a variety of festivals, you can expect to have an experience of the senses. The band’s new album, Eat the Light, is a first for Lotus – an album with vocals on every song. Guest singers appear throughout ranging from soulful to indie and electronic to rock. The tracks bubble with contagious dance energy and blast into orbit with sing-along choruses. The tightly produced yet raw grooves recall sounds of The Talking Heads, Jamiroquai, and LCD Soundsystem.
Ticket Information For LOTUS:
To Purchase Runner-Only Tickets (availability limited to 500 and for registered runners only):
- You must be registered for either the double, full marathon, half marathon, team relay, or Star 10K to purchase two tickets @ $18/each.
- Deadline to pre-purchase your tickets online is April 2, 2017.
- Click here to get started with your registration, where you can add concert tickets to your race entry purchase. If you’ve already registered log back in to your Active Profile and purchase tickets through the “additional purchases” section.
- The number of tickets you purchase will be noted on your runner bib. Your runner bib WILL BE YOUR TICKET and you must show it to gain access to concert.
- Additional tickets will be available for purchase (if the concert hasn’t sold out) at packet pickup and at the concert itself.
To Purchase General Admission Tickets (available to anyone):
- $24 general admission tickets may be purchased online. $28 at the gate.
- General admission/seating.
- Rain or shine event. No refunds. No chairs.
- Go to www.downbydowntown.com to purchase additional tickets.
**For questions about runner tickets/info email Julia Boas.**