Registration for the Blue Ridge Half Marathon is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight April 12, 2016. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite registration (April 15, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.
- Total Elevation Gain = 1897 ft.
- Total Elevation Gain/Loss = 3790 ft.
- Half Marathon Race Map 2016
- USATF Half Marathon Course Map
- Interactive Course Map
- 7.5 hour cut-off time
- Course Hydration provided by SKRATCH LABS
- Walkers are permitted and encouraged
- Corral Start System
The Blue Ridge Half Marathon course is not quite as difficult nor as long as the full marathon, but it is still a challenging run. The new course adding Peakwood Mountain, has officially give it the title, “America’s Toughest Road HALF Marathon.”
The course begins easily with one mile of rolling hills, before taking its first turn upward as runners begin the two-mile climb up Mill Mountain. While full marathoners will continue on to the brutal but beautiful climb up Roanoke Mountain, half marathoners will ascend Mill Mountain to the famous Mill Mountain Star, overlooking the beautiful Roanoke Valley and — much of the course still to be run!
From the Star, runners will encounter a major 2-mile decent down Prospect Avenue – also known as the “old road” to the base of Mill Mountain. Back on the valley floor runners will have a two-mile reprieve before climbing Peakwood.
Peakwood is a tough climb through a scenic neighborhood full of energetic spectators. Be sure to enjoy the party at the top.
After a two mile descent the course flattens out as you make your way to the finish line in Elmwood Park. The full marathon runners will branch off to the left just before mile 13 letting you finish in solitude.
- Half Marathon water/aid stations located at miles: 1.2, 2.6, 3.3, 5.0, 6.1, 7.8, 8.4, 9.4, 10.5, and 12.1
- Restrooms also located at all water/aid stations
- We provide SKRATCH Labs Hydration Drink and water at all fluid stations along the course. GU Energy Gels will be available at mile 7, 16.8, and 22.8 for the full marathon, and mile 7.5 for the half marathon.
Registration fees are based on tiered quotas, rather than calendar dates – meaning there are a finite number of spaces available at the different tiers. Register early to ensure the best rate, when the discounted tier is FULL is will automatically shut off on our registration page. Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon closes April 12, 2016. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite (at expo) registration (April 15, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.