Registration for the Blue Ridge Half Marathon is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight April 18, 2017. There is $10 processing and handling fee for registration at packet pick-up (April 21, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.
- DATE: April 22nd, 2017
- LOCATION: Course Start at Elmwood Park in downtown Roanoke, VA
- START TIME: 7:35AM
- PACKET PICK-UP: Friday, April 21st from 3:00pm-8:00pm & Saturday, April 22nd from 5:30am-7:00am
- Corral Start System – Look for pace time markers and find the section that fits your goal. Please be respectful of other runners by placing yourself in the appropriate location.
- REGISTRATION POLICIES
- Total Elevation Gain = 1897 ft.
- Total Elevation Gain/Loss = 3790 ft.
- Half Marathon Race Map 2016
- USATF Half Marathon Course Map
- Interactive Course Map
- 7.5 hour cut-off time
- Course Hydration provided by SKRATCH LABS
- Walkers are permitted and encouraged
The Blue Ridge Half Marathon course is not quite as difficult nor as long as the full marathon, but it is still a challenging run. The new course adding Peakwood Mountain, has officially give it the title, “America’s Toughest Road HALF Marathon.”
The course begins easily with one mile of rolling hills, before taking its first turn upward as runners begin the two-mile climb up Mill Mountain. While full marathoners will continue on to the brutal but beautiful climb up Roanoke Mountain, half marathoners will ascend Mill Mountain to the famous Mill Mountain Star, overlooking the beautiful Roanoke Valley and — much of the course still to be run!
From the Star, runners will encounter a major 2-mile decent down Prospect Avenue – also known as the “old road” to the base of Mill Mountain. Back on the valley floor runners will have a two-mile reprieve before climbing Peakwood.
Peakwood is a tough climb through a scenic neighborhood full of energetic spectators. Be sure to enjoy the party at the top.
After a two mile descent the course flattens out as you make your way to the finish line in Elmwood Park. The full marathon runners will branch off to the left just before mile 13 letting you finish in solitude.
REGISTRATION & FEES
Register early to ensure the best rate, when the discounted tier is FULL is will automatically shut off on our registration page. Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon closes April 18, 2017. There is $10 processing and handling fee for expo registration (April 21, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.
- REGISTRATION POLICIES– Please be sure to review all of our registration policies prior to paying online.