Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight (EST) April 12, 2016. You may register at the Friday packet pickup, but there will be NO race day registration on Saturday.
CLICK HERE to search 2016 registrations, to confirm your 2016 registration status, or find out who else has registered for this event.
- Saturday, April 16, 2016, 7:35am
- All Marathon, Half Marathon, and Star K finishers will receive a commemorative finisher’s medal. Age group awards will be presented for both events to the top 3 male & female finishers in the age groups.
- In addition, top 3 overall for both the full and half marathon receive these awards.
- The Marathon, Half-Marathon, and Star 10K will start together at 7:35 AM.
- A corral start system will be used.
WHAT YOU GET
- Chip timing
- Access to “runners-only” food tent at finish line
- Finisher medal
- Free event/runner photos courtesy of Game Face Media.
- Event shirt (must register by March 17, 2015 to be guaranteed shirt)
- Corral Start System
- Customize the name on your runner bib
- QR Code on Runner Bib for live results (place, chip time, etc.)
- Access to Fleet Feet Recovery Zone featuring massages, chiropractic adjustments, and more
- Custom awards for age-category winners
- Fully stocked aid stations along course
- One complimentary beer ticket
- Live music at the finish
- A pair of the “Roanoke” socks from Farm to Feet.
- Discounted ticket prices on main music event Saturday evening.
Registration fees are based on tiered quotas, rather than calendar dates – meaning there are a finite number of spaces available at the different tiers. Register early to ensure the best rate, when the discounted tier is FULL is will automatically shut off on our registration page. Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon closes April 12, 2016. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite (at expo) registration (April 15, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration.
- The race directors reserve the right to transport racers to the finish area if not across the finish line by the cutoff times.
- All Races: 7.5 hours
- There is an 7.5-hour time limit. Walkers and runners will be picked up in a support van if they do not reach certain checkpoints within the allotted time. The Time Limit for both courses are 7.5 hrs. That will be a 17:17 min/mile pace for the full marathon course and 34:35 pace for the half. There will be a 6.5 hr cut off at Mile 22 for the full marathon course (intersection of Jefferson St. and Highland Ave). If you do not reach this point by 2:05pm you will be directed to the finish line by continuing straight on Jefferson Street to the finish line in Elmwood Park (you will not be allowed to continue on the full marathon route). This rule will be strictly enforced.
NUMBER OF RUNNERS
Full Marathon limited to 750 runners. There is no cap on the half marathon and Star 10K.
Walkers are permitted to enter both the full and half marathon. Please be aware there is an 7.5-hour time limit. See cutoff time details in the “Cut-off Times” description above.
UNDER 18 POLICY
The Blue Ridge Marathon Organizing Committee permits runners under the age of 18 to participate in the half marathon and Star 10K (with parent signature). You must be 18 or older on the day of the event to participate in the Marathon.
We strongly encourage all runners to pick up their own race packet at the Packet Pick Up and Expo on Friday at the City Market Building from 3:00 pm to 8:00pm. It is important for runners to verify their data and make any necessary changes. However, if it is not possible for you to pick-up your own packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birth date, etc.) and MUST bring a copy of your drivers license (or valid photo ID).
- The entry Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Once your entry fee is received, you cannot receive a refund. If you are registered for a marathon you may transfer down to the half marathon.
- Email transfer deadline is Sunday, April 12th @ midnight. After that you may transfer during packet pick-up on Friday prior to race day.
- You can transfer to a lesser distance without a refund of the difference! It is recommended that you make your house rental or room reservation prior to registration. If you are flying to the event, you should also make your air reservations prior to registering.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that happen, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable.
11-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69, and 70+
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on race day. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a bandit runner and will be escorted off the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number. Use a pen or waterproof marker.
- Do not alter the bib in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned.
- We use disposable chip timing system and software.
- All registrants will receive a disposable chip that must be worn.
- Awards for the overall winners will be based on start (gun) time; age category winners will be determined by chip time.
- Chip times will be used for your official running time and on your certificate of race completion.