Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by Active.com. Online registration closes at midnight (EST) April 18, 2017. You may register at the Friday packet pickup, but there will be NO race day registration on Saturday.
CLICK HERE to search 2017 registrations, to confirm your 2017 registration status, or find out who else has registered for this event.
Register early to ensure the best rate, price increases will occur periodically throughout the year until the full price is reached. Online registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon closes April 18, 2017 at midnight. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite (at expo/packet pick-up) registrations (Friday, April 21, 3-8pm). There is no day-of registration. Registration fees for each race fall in the following ranges (depending on discount time frame)…
Double Marathon Pricing: Ranges from $90-$110
Full Marathon Pricing: Ranges from $90-$110
Half Marathon Pricing: Ranges from $75-$95
Star 10k Pricing: Ranges from $40-$50
Carilion Children’s Family 1 Miler: $8/child; $12/adult or $35/family of 3 or more
- The entry fee is non-refundable and your bib (once printed) is non-transferable.
- Once your entry fee is received, you cannot receive a refund. If you are registered for a marathon you may transfer down to a shorter distance at no additional cost, however no refund for the price different will be allocated. You can also transfer up to a longer race distance and just pay the difference in cost. Just email our event coordinator to transfer race categories.
- Race category transfer by email deadline is April 14th at 5pm. After that you may transfer during packet pick-up on Friday prior to race day.
- 2017 will be the first year that self-deferment will be allowed with our active.com registration for a $20 fee. If you are already registered in 2017 and you wish to defer your race entry to 2018 the go to the following link: https://myevents.active.com/
- Then select “Transfer to Another Event”, and from their select the following year’s event (2018 in this case), and complete your registration process and pay the $20 fee.
- Deferral period ends on April 18th when online registration closes. Absolutley no deferrals will be allowed past that point.
- The race directors reserve the right to transport racers to the finish area if not across the finish line by the cutoff times.
- Full Marathon: 7.5 hours (With a 6 hour cut off at mile 22)
- Half Marathon & 10k: 6 hours
- Walkers and runners will be picked up in a support van if they do not reach certain checkpoints within the allotted time. The cutoffs require a 16:20 min/mile pace for the full marathon course and 27:30 min/mile pace for the half. There will be a 6 hr cut off at Mile 22 for the full marathon course (intersection of Jefferson St. and Highland Ave). If you do not reach this point by 1:35pm you will be directed to the finish line (and receive a half marathon time & medal) by continuing straight on Jefferson Street to the finish line in Elmwood Park (you will not be allowed to continue on the full marathon route). This rule will be strictly enforced.
NUMBER OF RUNNERS
- Double Marathon is limited to 60 runners.
- Full Marathon limited to 750 runners.
- There is no cap on the half marathon, Star 10K, or Family 1 Miler.
Walkers are permitted to enter both the full and half marathon. Please be aware there is an 7.5-hour time limit. See cutoff time details in the “Cut-off Times” description above.
UNDER 18 POLICY
The Blue Ridge Marathon Organizing Committee permits runners under the age of 18 to participate in the half marathon and Star 10K (with parent signature). You must be 18 or older on the day of the event to participate in the Marathon.
We strongly encourage all runners to pick up their own race packet at the Packet Pick Up and Expo on Friday at the City Market Building from 3:00 pm to 8:00pm. It is important for runners to verify their data and make any necessary changes. However, if it is not possible for you to pick-up your own packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birth date, etc.) and MUST bring a copy of your drivers license (or valid photo ID).
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that happen, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable.
11-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69, and 70+
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on race day. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a bandit runner and will be escorted off the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number. Use a pen or waterproof marker.
- Do not alter the bib in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned.
- We use disposable chip timing system and software.
- All registrants will receive a disposable chip that must be worn.
- Awards for the overall winners will be based on start (gun) time; age category winners will be determined by chip time.
- Chip times will be used for your official running time and on your certificate of race completion.