2019 RUNNER WELCOME PARTY IN ELMWOOD:
Music and running just seem to go well together, which is why we’ve partnered with the Down by Downtown Music Festival, a three day festival in downtown Roanoke from April 11-14, with music acts from all over the country.
The Down by Downtown Music Festival kicks off Thursday at multiple venues in downtown Roanoke, continuing with a FREE concert Friday evening in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater, followed by Saturday’s headliner show. So after you’ve crossed the finish line, head back to your hotel room (or home), shower, and then hobble back to Elmwood Park amphitheater for the final concert celebration – music, food, beer, and more.
FREE FRIDAY CONCERTS IN ELMWOOD (April 12):
- In addition to the live music taking place in a variety of downtown venues there is a free concert in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater. So after you’ve gone to packet pickup walk across Jefferson St. and into Elmwood Concert to enjoy food trucks, free music, and craft beer. This is also where the Pre-Race Vip Pasta Dinner takes place.
- FREE CONCERT in Elmwood Park (start/finish line):
- Gates open at 5:00pm.
- Martin’s Downtown and Wake & Bacon Food trucks
- Craft beer by Ballast Point and Parkway Brewing (cider will be available).
- 5:00pm- Dharma Bombs- Dharma Bombs continues to expand their sound past Appalachian Dixieland into further territories of country, jazz, bluegrass, and Americana. With the new addition of drums, the new Dharma Bombs sound is turning up the rowdiness and tempo for dance floors all across Appalachia.
- 6:30pm- Chupacabras- Virginia based CHUPACABRAS dig deep with a cocktail of boogie, funkadelic and surf sounds with thick horns & explosive percussion to get ya movin!
- OTHER DOWN BY DOWNTOWN FRIDAY APRIL 12 SHOWS:
- 6pm- Charissa Morrison Project (Acoustic Singer/Songwriter)- Sweet Donkey Coffee & Beer Garden
- 7pm- The Concerns (folk rock)- The Spot on Kirk
- 8pm- John Scofield (Jazz Guitar)- The Jefferson Center
- 7:30pm- Clover Hollow (Soul & Bluegrass)- Starr Hill Pilot Brewery & Side Stage
- 10pm- The Bang Tails (Rock & Roll)- Wall Street Tavern
- 10pm- A Place Called Home (Roots Rock)- Martin’s Downtown