Four Days of Live Music Surrounding Race Weekend!
Music and running just seem to go well together, which is why we’ve partnered with the Freedom First Down by Downtown Music Festival, a four-day festival in downtown Roanoke, with dozens of live music shows throughout town.
The Down by Downtown Music Festival sponsored by Freedom First Federal Credit Union kicks off Thursday, April 16th, 2020 at twelve venues in downtown Roanoke, continuing with a FREE Runners Welcome Party and concert Friday from 3-5pm in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater (immediately following the race).
Friday Night Runner Welcome Party:
- In addition to the live music taking place in a variety of downtown venues there is a free concert in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater starting at 5pm. With the new expo location at the Patrick Henry Hotel you can literally walk right across the street for the free show. This is also where the Pre-Race Vip Pasta Dinner takes place.
- FREE CONCERT in Elmwood Park:
- Gates open at 5:00pm. Directly across the street from the race expo so drop by just for 30 minutes!
- 5:00PM: TBD (Outside Race Expo)
- 6:30PM: TBD (Outside Race Expo)
- Food trucks and beer by Ballast Point and Parkway Brewing.
Saturday Elmwood Concerts (Race Day):
- FREE FINISH FESTIVAL BANDS
- 9AM-5PM: Free live music in Elmwood Park Amphitheater (at finish line festival)
- 9:30AM: TBD (Followed by Anthem Star 10k Awards)
- 11:15AM: TBD (Followed by Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon Awards)
- 1:00PM: TBD (Followed by Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon Awards, Double Marathon Awards & 4-Person Relay Awards)
- 3:00-5:00PM-FREE HEADLINER CONCERT IN ELMWOOD