April 16, 2021
- 7:30AM: Fleet Feet Sports Shake Out (warm up) run. Follow the Facebook event for regular updates. Completely FREE to participate.
- 1:00-8:00PM: Packet Pick Up/Expo at The Patrick Henry on Jefferson St. Directly across the street from the Elmwood Park (start/finish area).
- Foot Levelers will provide free foot scans. Enter to win a free pair of orthotics.
- Pick up last minute items from Fleet Feet Sports Roanoke and other vendors.
- Official Blue Ridge Marathon merchandise available onsite. Come early as sizes are limited.
- 5:30PM: Pasta Dinner on library mezzanine overlooking Elmwood Park (limited to 100, register in advance). Buffet open from 6-7:30PM. Meet and greet with the race director and staff of the Blue Ridge Marathon, and get a few quick tips on how to navigate America’s Toughest Road Marathon.
- 5:00-8:00PM: Free Runner Welcome Party with concerts in the Elmwood Park Amphitheater thanks to Freedom First Down by Downtown Music Festival.
- Gates open at 5PM directly across the street from the race expo so drop by just for 30 minutes!
- Food trucks onsite and beer by Devil’s Backbone and Parkway Brewing (cider options also available).
April 17, 2021
- 5:30-7:00AM: Packet and chip pick up on Elmwood Park Stage for those who didn’t make it Friday.
- 7:35AM: RACE START TIME— Full, Half, Star 10K, Family 1 Miler and 2nd Lap of the Double Marathon all start on Jefferson Street (just outside Elmwood Park)
- A corral system is used to position runners for start based on pace times.
- 8:30AM: Post-Run Yoga in Elmwood Park (start line)- mats provided, come and go as you please!
- 9:00AM-3:00PM: Live music, beer garden, food vendors, and more at finish line area. Music is part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival.
- 10AM: Anthem Star K award ceremony on Elmwood Park Stage.
- 12PM: Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 2PM: Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon, Double Marathon and Freedom First Team Relay award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 3:00-7:00PM: Down by Downtown Concert in Elmwood Park. FREE EVENT! New for 2020 all the post-race concerts are free and open to the public. The bands will just roll into the evening after the race. So run home or to your hotel and shower after your race, and then head back for a good time. Or just stick around and enjoy the show!
April 18, 2021
- 9:00AM: America’s Slowest 5K – the greatest recovery run ever. Coffee, donuts and a Slow K mug instead of a t-shirt.