Registration for the Blue Ridge Marathon is handled by Active.com. You may register at the Friday packet pickup and expo, but there will be NO race day registration on Saturday.
Register early to ensure the best rate, price increases will occur periodically throughout the year until the full price is reached. There is $10 processing and handling fee for onsite (at expo/packet pick-up) registrations. There is no day-of registration.
Double Marathon Pricing: $110-$130
Full Marathon Pricing: $90-$110
Half Marathon Pricing: $75-$95
Star 10k Pricing: $40-$50
4 Person Relay Pricing: $275-$350 (~$68-$87/person)
Family 1 Miler: $8/child; $12/adult or $35/family of 3 or more
- The entry fee is non-refundable and your bib (once printed) is non-transferable.
- Once your entry fee is received, you cannot receive a refund. If you are registered for a marathon you may transfer down to a shorter distance at no additional cost, however no refund for the price different will be allocated. You can also transfer up to a longer race distance and just pay the difference in cost. Just email our event coordinator to transfer race categories.
- Self-deferment will be allowed with our active.com registration for a $20 fee, visit https://myevents.active.com/
- Select “Change Event”, then select the following year’s event, and complete your registration process
- Deferral period ends when online registration closes; absolutely no deferrals will be allowed past that point
- The race directors reserve the right to transport racers to the finish area if not across the finish line by the cutoff times.
- Full Marathon: 7.5 hours (With a 6 hour cut off at mile 22)
- Half Marathon & 10k: 6 hours
- Walkers and runners will be picked up in a support van if they do not reach certain checkpoints within the allotted time. The cutoffs require a 16:20 min/mile pace for the full marathon course and 27:30 min/mile pace for the half. There will be a 6 hr cut off at Mile 22 for the full marathon course (intersection of Jefferson St. and Highland Ave). If you do not reach this point by 1:35pm you will be directed to the finish line (and receive a half marathon time & medal) by continuing straight on Jefferson Street to the finish line in Elmwood Park (you will not be allowed to continue on the full marathon route). This rule will be strictly enforced.
NUMBER OF RUNNERS
- Double Marathon is limited to 100 runners.
- Full Marathon is limited to 750 runners.
- Four Person Relay is limited to 14 teams.
- There is no cap on the half marathon, Star 10K, or Family 1 Miler.
Walkers are permitted to enter both the full and half marathon. Please be aware there is an 7.5-hour time limit. See cutoff time details in the “Cut-off Times” description above.
UNDER 18 POLICY
The Blue Ridge Marathon Organizing Committee permits runners under the age of 18 to participate in the half marathon and Star 10K (with parent signature). You must be 18 or older on the day of the event to participate in the Marathon.
We strongly encourage all runners to pick up their own race packet at the Packet Pick Up and Expo on Friday at the Patrick Henry Hotel from 3-8 p.m. It is important for runners to verify their data and make any necessary changes. However, if it is not possible for you to pick-up your own packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birth date, etc.) and MUST bring a copy of your drivers license (or valid photo ID).
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that happen, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable.
11-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69, and 70+
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on race day. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a bandit runner and will be escorted off the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number. Use a pen or waterproof marker.
- Do not alter the bib in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned.
- We use disposable chip timing system and software.
- All registrants will receive a disposable chip that must be worn.
- Awards for the overall winners will be based on start (gun) time; age category winners will be determined by chip time.
- Chip times will be used for your official running time and on your certificate of race completion.