**Find the Stars on the Map and then refer to the address and details below. We admit our course can be difficult to navigate for spectators because Mill Mountain and the Blue Ridge Parkway are both closed to vehicle during the event because of park regulations. But we hope you find some good options below. The red line is the full marathon course and the yellow line is the half marathon course. The 10k just goes straight up and down Mill Mountain.**
To make following your runner along the course easy, download the live tracking app! Just enter their name or bib number and voilà!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Franklin Rd. bridge closure makes it VERY difficult to travel back and forth to the River’s Edge, South Roanoke, Roanoke Memorial Hospital (aka. Carilion) area on race day. We HIGHLY recommend taking the Elm Ave. ramp onto I-581 to bypass the race course and then exit on either Colonial or Wonju when traveling from downtown to that area (or vice versa).
Spectator Location #1: For Hikers!- Star Trail Parking Lot
- Address: Off of Riverland Rd. SE, Roanoke VA 24014
- Make sure that you’re following your runner on the live-tracking race app so you don’t miss them!
- Half & Full Marathon Spectators: Park at the Star Trail parking lot and walk up the trail less than a mile to intersect the J.B. Fishburn Parkway. You will hit the runners before mile 2 so if you go to the starting line you may not have time for this. After they pass, you can continue hiking to the top of the star and hit the full marathon runners at mile 13.
Spectator Location #2: First Presbyterian Parking Lot
- Address: 2101 Jefferson St. SW, Roanoke VA 24014 (enter parking lot on Crystal Spring Ave)
- Great for FAMILIES! First Presbyterian is letting spectators park there, use the playground and bathrooms!
- Half Marathon Spectators: From the church parking lot, you can walk up McClanahan St. SW to the corner of Rosalind and catch the halfers around mile 6.5. Then walk over to Sweet Donkey Coffee, River and Rail or Fork in the Alley for coffee, snacks or an adult beverage of your choice (following your runner on the app). Then head back near the church to Jefferson St. SW to catch them around mile 11.5. After that head back to the start/finish area in Elmwood for the after-party!
- Full Marathon Specatators: From the church parking lot, you can walk up McClanahan St. SW to the corner of Rosalind and catch the full marathon runners around mile 15.5. Then walk over to Sweet Donkey Coffee, River and Rail or Fork in the Alley for coffee, snacks or an adult beverage of your choice (following your runner on the app). Then head back near the church to Jefferson St. SW to catch them around mile 20.5. After that head back to the start/finish area in Elmwood for the after-party!
Spectator Location #3: Street Parking on Wasena Ave. (or nearby)
- Address: Intersection of 11th St. SW & Wasena Ave.
- Full Marathon Spectators Only: Take advantage of free street parking along Wasena Ave., 11th St, 10th St. or really any of the side streets South of Wasena Park. Here you’ll get quick back-to-back visuals on your runner. Walk over to Winchester Ave. to see marathoners come by just after mile 23 and then walk over one block to Winona Ave. and see them just a little under 2 miles later (~10-25 minutes later depending on pace) just before mile 25.
- Nearby Amenities– If you’re waiting around on runners to arrive, walk up Wasena Ave. to the Wasena City Taphouse (great food and drink), the River Rock Climbing Gym, The Green Goat, or Roanoke Mountain Adventures for outdoor consignment shopping.
Spectator Location #4: Street Parking Near Highland Ave.
- Address: Intersection of Mountain Ave SW & 5th St. SW
- Full Marathon Spectators Only: Take advantage of free street parking along Mountain Ave, Washington Ave. or any of the intersecting streets. Once you find a spot you can head over to anywhere along Highland to watch the marathoners along mile 22. If you’re feeling REALLY ambitious you can hustle over to Spectator Location #3 above, OR just mosey over to Luck Ave. to catch the marathoners at mile 25.5.
- Nearby Amenities– Garden Song Cafe (the famous crêpe lady!), The Phoenix (one of the Down by Downtown Music Venues), Mel’s Place (Pizza and Beer)