- DATE: Sunday, April 14, 2019
- LOCATION: River’s Edge South Sports Complex off Wiley Dr.
- PARKING: Parking for this event will be at the Carilion Cancer Center Parking Garage off Crystal Spring.
- START TIME: 9 a.m.
- ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS: Everyone!! Open to the public, this is a way for everyone to get involved with the Blue Ridge weekend. It is not required that you ran on Saturday.
- PRICE: $15 before March 13/$20 online after March 13/$25 day of event
- Kids 12 and under are $7.50 (mug not included); strollers welcome
- REGISTRATION POLICIES
The new Blue Ridge “Slow-K,” will give runners one more opportunity to run with America’s Toughest community in an event that’s designed to help celebrate everyone’s accomplishments and get some well-deserved recovery. We’ve dubbed the Blue Ridge Slow-K, America’s Slowest 5K and after running on the Blue Ridge course you’ll understand why.
This fun run will be untimed and have a leisurely start of 9 a.m. The idea is to create a format where everyone isn’t looking at their watches, but slowing down and connecting with other runners and race organizers. In lieu of the standard race shirt, every runner will receive a Slow-K coffee mug, free coffee, and well-earned donuts at the finish line. The 5K course along the Roanoke River Greenway will also include a few other surprises to keep participants from overexerting after running mountains the day before.
Participants from any Blue Ridge distance, spectators, family and friends and the general public are invited to participate. We plan to have mimosas, biscuits and other brunch items available for purchase. More details on vendors and en-route activities coming soon. Register before March 13 for $15.